Facilities Technician and / or Custodian – SUNDAYS ONLY
Position Summary / General Description
Reporting to the Facilities Director, this position will support the growing demands of the church staff and facilities maintenance, with responsibilities to include but not limited to; classroom setup, general meeting setup, special project / detail cleaning as requested and assistance with custodial duties (i.e., restrooms, general cleaning) as needed. Opportunities are available for a full time and / or part time position. The Church Facilities Technician and Custodian position is largely unsupervised and requires self-motivation, accountability for time and integrity.
- Moving and relocating tables, chairs, cabinets, and stacks of chairs as required to set classrooms and / or meeting spaces
- Performs a wide variety of general maintenance activities
- Cross trainable to perform all cleaning staff duties necessary to support church functions as required
- Using specialized cleaning / maintenance equipment safely and effectively
- Able to work a flexible schedule with the understanding that special events and large Church gatherings will be a part of the regular schedule
- Interact with Church staff, members, and visitors in a respectful, positive manner
- SUNDAYS ONLY (Flexible Hours)
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Can work independently without direct supervision
- Good interpersonal skills / task oriented / excellent work ethic / follows direction / strong teamwork / attention to detail / dependable
- Physical requirements include ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, significant bending and stooping to clean.
- Ability to lift 25-40 lbs. for moving of supplies and equipment.