Ministry Assistant – Children’s Pastor
Status: Full Time; Non-Exempt
Reports to: Operations Director and Children’s Pastor
Responsibility: The Ministry Assistant to the Children’s Pastor is responsible for providing administrative support to the Children’s Pastor and the overall Formations and Children’s Ministries of Johns Creek Baptist Church.
Direct Supervisor to: N/A
Experience: A minimum of one year in a similar field.
- Responsible for coordinating paid childcare workers as needed.
- Responsible for assisting the Children’s Pastor in using ACS and Constant Contact as well as other administrative programs. (weekly attendance data as well as monthly reports, prospect reports and contacts)
- Responsible for sending letters to new Christians, new babies, prospects and other Children’s Pastor correspondences
- Responsible for sending out weekly preschool 11:00 lesson and rotation schedule and collect updated data from the captains. Prints the 9:45 preschool lesson schedule and hangs in classrooms.
- Responsible for designing and printing or emailing fliers, bulletin boards, reminders, etc. about children’s ministry needs or events.
- Responsible for keeping registration lists for all children’s ministry programs and events.
- Responsible for creating and distributing newsletters, emails.
- Responsible for laundry and general appearance/straightening of children’s ministry areas of the building.
- Responsible for submitting information to the website designer for the promotion of Children’s ministry events/programs.
- Responsible for collecting resources, ordering extra curriculum or resources
- Responsible for maintaining the Children’s ministry activities on the church’s calendar.
- Responsible for assisting the Children’s Pastor in securing contracts, and negotiating fees for outside vendors such as bus lines, recreational activities or food services.
- Responsible for supporting the administrative needs of the Weekday Preschool Ministry.
- Responsible for publishing the agenda and minutes for children’s ministry committees and councils.
- Support the overall Formations/Children’s ministry Team as needed.
- Demonstrates above average people/relational skills.
- Demonstrates above average concept of ministry philosophy and execution.
- Demonstrates above average ability to be flexible as is required in a church setting and when working with volunteers.
- Demonstrates above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates competency in Microsoft Office tools and is adept at quickly learning new software as systems continue to develop and change.
- Demonstrates ability to be a team player, with capacity to work cooperatively with gifted and competent colleagues toward a common goal.
- Demonstrates commitment to protect confidential information.
- Demonstrates above average organizational skills, with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates capacity for multi-tasking and prioritizing.