Reports to: Senior Pastor
Supervises: Admin. Assistant, Organist, Pianist, Dir. of Children’s Music Ministries
Responsibility: Oversee and lead Traditional Worship Ministries
Education/Experience: Master’s level or greater (Music and/or Theological degree preferred). Minimum five years leading worship (Experience in Baptist life preferred.
- Responsible for attending regular Pastoral Staff Meetings.
- Responsible for planning worship services, in collaboration with Senior Pastor and Contemporary Worship Pastor, regarding theme, scripture, and teaching focus.
- Coordinate and lead all participants in Traditional worship service.
- Responsible for selecting all music for choir, orchestra, soloists and congregation, and for conducting regular rehearsal of music groups (choir, orchestra, ensembles, etc.).
- Responsible for empowering members of all ages to participate in current and new opportunities for the music ministry (choirs, orchestra, ensembles, solos, etc.)
- Responsible for organizing and leading special concerts and musical events.
- Responsible for leading funeral/memorial services in collaboration with other pastors.
- Responsible for regular and reliable communication between all worship ministry areas.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting request for annual Worship Ministries Budget.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing annual Worship Ministries Budget.
- Responsible for regular maintenance on all worship related instruments, tools and equipment, including (but not limited to): piano, organ, audio-visual equipment, and technology (in collaboration with Worship Production Manager), and theater props.
- Responsible for casting a clear vision for worship and for advancing the larger vision of JCBC within the Worship Ministry.
- Demonstrates humility and a sincere call to serve Christ’s church.
- Demonstrates both spiritual and relational warmth, as well as a genuine love for people.
- Demonstrates a keen and intuitive understanding of the dynamics of congregational life.
- Demonstrates a passion for leading the church in worship, with a visible comfort and strength in “platform presence.”
- Demonstrates capacity to understand and nurture the needs of a wide variety of worshipers, from diverse backgrounds and expectations.
- Demonstrates evidence of spiritual and theological maturity, with a capacity to lead choir and orchestra to grow spiritually and theologically, as worship leaders of the church.
- Demonstrates capacity to inspire and lead choir and orchestra to pursue excellence in the development of their musical skill (both vocally and instrumentally).
- Demonstrates ability to draw other talented members into ministry.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Demonstrates ability to be a team player, with capacity to work cooperatively with gifted and competent colleagues toward a common goal.
- Demonstrates good decision-making abilities, able to make the tough call, while maintaining healthy relationships with peers as well as those being supervised.
- Demonstrates commitment to protect confidential information.