Status: Full Time; Non-Exempt
Reports to: Youth Pastor
Responsibility: The Ministry Assistant to the Youth Pastor is responsible for providing administrative support to the Youth Pastor and the overall Formations and Youth Ministries of Johns Creek Baptist Church.
Experience: A minimum of one year in a similar field.
- Responsible for assisting the Youth Pastor in using ACS and Constant Contact as well as other administrative programs.
- Responsible for sending out and printing weekly rolls and lessons for Sunday School and Small Group leaders and collect updated data from volunteer leaders.
- Responsible for preparing supplies for teachers and volunteers according to lesson needs.
- Responsible for maintaining the JCBC Youth calendar, which includes updating the church and facilities calendar with details.
- Responsible for communicating all youth ministry needs, such as requests for graphics, facility reservations, or program needs, through the proper administrative channels.
- Responsible for keeping registration lists for all youth ministry programs and events and assisting in communicating details to event registrants.
- Responsible for creating and distributing newsletters, emails, promotional material, etc.
- Responsible for assisting the Youth Pastor in securing contracts and negotiating fees for outside vendors such as bus lines, recreational activities, or food services.
- Responsible for collecting resources, ordering extra curriculum or resources as requested by Youth Pastor.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning of special projects and events (Graduate Sunday, Christmas Party, mission trip recaps, etc.).
- Responsible answering parent and leader emails and phone calls as needed.
- Willingness to collaborate on churchwide projects with admins and pastors from other ministry areas.
- A relationship with Christ and desire to grow the Kingdom of God.
- Demonstrates ability to be a team player with capacity to work cooperatively with gifted and competent colleagues toward a common goal.
- Experience with planning events and ministry experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills, with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capacity for multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Ability to follow directions while also being proactive.
- Ability to relate well with JCBC Staff Members and Church Members.
- Demonstrates ability to protect confidential information.