Dear Johns Creek Baptist Family,
Hopefully your summer has been wonderful and you have had time to spend it with loved ones!
As we approach the latter part of summer, it is the time in the life of the church to begin the Deacon election process. The first step is the Nomination Process. Our church’s nomination process involves all eligible church members whom wish to participate. Nomination forms are available online, within your Sunday School community meeting rooms and at various locations around the church for your use. Please prayerfully consider eligible members and nominate them using the nominating forms and return the forms in the provided collection boxes. You may nominate up to 20 persons during this process. Also, for your convenience, you may click here for an at home printable nomination form, to be completed and dropped in one of the boxes around the church, or scroll down to submit your nominations online, one-at-a-time for each nominee.
The nomination period will end on Wednesday, August 21 after the Wednesday night activities. The forms will then be validated to ensure the names to be included on the ballot meet the following church bylaw eligibility requirements:
- Being a professing Christian.
- Having attained the age of 21 prior to April 1 of the election year.
- Being a member of Johns Creek Baptist Church for a minimum of two years.
- Former members of more than two years that have returned to the church will be considered as meeting the two-year membership requirement.
- Staff, employees, and their spouses, are not eligible for election.
- Currently serving deacons are not eligible as well, please see attached list of current Deacons.
After this nomination process is complete, the second step will be the Election Process whereby church members will vote for up to 20 Deacons. The election ballot will be comprised of all eligible nominees from the above Nomination Process who have agreed to participate in the election.
This is a very important event in the life of our church as we elect our Deacons for the next available term. All eligible members are strongly encouraged to prayerfully participate in the Nomination Process.
Deacon Chair 2019