Dear Johns Creek Baptist Family,
I hope this letter finds you enjoying your summer. For us at Johns Creek Baptist Church, we now enter the season to begin the process of electing a slate of 20 Deacons to serve a three-year term starting in 2022. Each church member plays a critical role in this process, and your first step will be to nominate eligible church members for consideration as Deacons. I would like to encourage your participation.
This year we will utilize our “on-line” nomination method as well as our traditional paper forms to put forth nominations. Our nomination period will run through Wednesday, August 25th. Church members may nominate up to 20 eligible persons.
- To submit an on-line nomination below, please submit the form one-at-a-time for each nominee.
- You may also click here to gain access to a nomination form you can print out. Paper forms may be mailed to the church or turned into one of our collection boxes, which will be available throughout the church to end-of-business on Wednesday, August 25th.
Our church by-laws provide the following guidance for you to use as you consider your nominations for Deacon:
- Being a professing Christian.
- Having attained the age of 21 prior to April 1 of the election year.
- Being a member of Johns Creek Baptist Church for a minimum of two years.
- All employees of Johns Creek Baptist Church are not eligible for election.
- Ministerial and Professional staff spouses, children and children’s spouses, siblings and sibling’s spouses, and parents are not eligible for election as a deacon.
- Those Deacons currently serving are not eligible as well. Below, you may access the list of current Deacons.
After we conclude the nomination phase, we will present the church membership an election ballot containing a list of nominated Deacon candidates. The ballot will be comprised of all eligible nominees from the above Nomination Process who have agreed to have their name placed on the election ballot. Church members will have the opportunity to vote for up to 20 Deacons.
This is a very important event in the life of our church. All members are strongly encouraged to prayerfully participate and to nominate eligible members for the role of Deacon. Thank you.
Todd Shiver Deacon Chair 2021