We were never intended to do life all alone, but rather in the love and company of God and each other.
Welcome to JCBC Kids!
JCBC Kids, the Preschool and Children’s ministries of Johns Creek Baptist, exists to help give kids a place to grow in an authentic faith, and to partner alongside families to help them grow at home.
We believe that what happens at church really matters, but that faith starts at home. Every week we offer incredible, engaging, and safe environments for kids birth through 5th grade, while equipping and encouraging parents to integrate spiritual growth at the dinner table, in carpool line, at soccer games, and bedtime.
Questions? Email Krystle Ripley.
Preschool Ministry: Birth to Birth to Pre-K
The Preschool ministry area focuses on the foundational and formative years from birth through Pre-K. We believe that it’s never to early in a child’s life to set a foundation in their understanding of who God is. Our desire is to help parents guide preschoolers into a growing knowledge of Jesus Christ. We provide a loving and safe environment where guided center-based activity programs allow freedom of exploration and discovery.
With caring and loving volunteers, we will lead our preschoolers in activities, crafts, monthly Bible verses, Bible stories, and music. We believe that the ministry that we have created for preschoolers will give them their first look of a Creator and Savior who loves them, made them, and wants to be their friend forever.
Here are some helpful tips for your preschooler to have a great experience on Sunday mornings.
- Security Tags: When you first arrive at JCBC there will be Greeters who will ask for your information and give you a security tag and name tag for your child. The security tag is two parts, one part to put on the child and the other to take with you. You MUST present your part of the security tag upon pick up your child. The volunteer for your child’s classroom will match the two tags upon pick up and return them to the basket.
- Parent Drop-off and Pick-up: Please do not enter the rooms. We ask that you wait at the door until a teacher greets you there. They will take your child and diaper bags. When you pick your child up the teacher will ask for your security tag and will be sure the numbers match before returning your child to you.
- Snacks & Drinks: We have some children with severe allergies. The church provides saltine crackers or plain cheerios and water in the rooms (age appropriate) which do not pose a threat. Please do not send in snacks with your child. Our workers will have an organized snack time or individual snack depending on their age. (Note: This does not apply to baby milk bottles. However, please make sure your bottles and caps are labeled with your child’s name to eliminate confusion and potential mix ups.)
- Please label all items that you bring to the church. We request a bag tag on all diaper bags and your child’s name on all bottles & caps, sippy cups (please, water only), blankets, jackets, burp cloths, etc. We try our best to keep everyone’s things separate and returned to the right person but sometimes it gets a little hectic in the classroom.
Preschool Programs & Activities:
- Sunday School
- Preschool Worship
- Family Covenant Day: Baby Dedication
- Vacation Bible School
- Seasonal Activities: Easter Egg Hunt, Family Events, JCBC KidsFest, etc.
Elementary School Ministry: K – 5th Grade
The Elementary Ministry of Johns Creek Baptist Church exists to help children develop spiritually, mentally, emotionally and socially into all that God created them to be. In this environment we create space for kids to learn what it means to truly follow Christ and be a disciple. We value kids growing and learning to understand what it means to have an authentic faith in Jesus, while living out their faith every day! We believe that everyone can change the world and spread the Gospel as Christ changes them from inside out no matter their age!
We fulfill this ministry by building relationships with the children and their families and offering sound biblical teaching in every aspect of our programming. Sunday School and Children’s Worship are offered on a weekly basis. Camps, Retreats, Vacation Bible School, special events and classes round out the many fun and interactive opportunities we offer your child.
Sundays at JCBC:
We encourage kids and families of all ages to be part of both Sunday School (9:30) and Worship (11:00). Sunday School provides a small group environment for kids to build relationships with God and others led by faithful men and women who are gifted and passionate teachers of the Gospel. Our Children’s Worship time is for Kindergarten – 2nd grade. This time builds on what they learn in Sunday School as well as teaching Bible skills and what worship really means. 3rd – 5th graders are picked up after Sunday School to attend Worship with their parents or guardians. At JCBC we believe worshiping as a family and family of faith builds community, belonging, and impacts children in deeply spiritual ways. We believe children belong in the larger community of faith and worship as a family is the best hour you can spend together all week. There are Kids Worship Stations in both the Sanctuary and FLC that provide children’s bulletins and other resources for your elementary schoolers. We hope that you will join us for both hours as we point our children towards Christ!
Children’s Programs & Activities:
- Vacation Bible School
- PassportKids! Camp
- Advent Breakfast
- Bible Presentation for 1st Graders
- 3rd – 5th Grade Fellowship Events
JCBC Weekday Preschool
Thank you for your interest in the Johns Creek Baptist Church Preschool. We would love to have your child become part of our program!
We believe each child is a special gift from God, with unique gifts and abilities. Our school offers a warm, nurturing, Christ-centered environment where gifted teachers and enjoyable experiences are brought together to challenge students academically and to enhance their love of learning.
JCBC Student Choir
The JCBC Student Choir is for children and youth in first through eight grades. The choir meets on Sunday Mornings at 9:30am. Under the direction of Beth Irwin, the choir performs periodically during worship throughout the year. To learn more contact Beth Irwin, Director of Children’s Music Ministry at email@example.com.
One of the greatest joys in life is becoming a parent. We want to begin walking alongside you as you begin one of the greatest adventures that you will ever undertake… parenting!!! Baby dedication is not a checkmark on a long list of things that you are “supposed” to do when you have a child, but rather a starting point for you as a parent to commit to leading your child to know Jesus. We think that the things that you do now will shape who and what your child will become later.
If you are interested in participating in one of our Family Covenant Day celebrations please contact, Krystle Ripley, Children’s Ministry Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Going into 1st grade can be a scary, anxious, nervous, and exciting time for not only the parents, but also for the child. It is such a milestone for so many. They will learn so many things and begin to master skills that they will never forget. One of those skills is reading. So we want to capitalize on this, by having our 1st graders receive a Bible. What better book to learn to read from than God’s word. And what better book for parents to help their children learn to read in, than God’s word.
This presentation takes place during the month of August. If you have a 1st grader be on the lookout for more information on this great event!