A new sermon series is now underway.
This past Sunday, we began “In the [BE]ginning…” a sermon series on Genesis 1-11.
You may recall that last year’s “Patriarchs and Matriarchs” series covered Genesis 12-36.
In addition, the subsequent “Joseph” series followed Genesis 37-50.
With the addition of “In the [BE]ginning…” we will have studied all fifty chapters of Genesis!
One of the greatest strengths of a chapter-by-chapter series is that the entire congregation can navigate the same biblical texts together.
Each day of the week, I am challenging our members to read the text for the upcoming Sermon.
If, for example, the upcoming Sunday is to cover Chapters 1 and 2 (and it is), then our homework is to read Genesis 1-2 Monday, then again on Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.
So that by the time we gather together on Sunday, we all will have been immersed in the images, the sights, the sounds, the movements, and the truths that are teeming within those sacred pages.
With that in mind, here is a look at-a-glance of our sermon texts and titles for the remainder of the series:
- January 14, “Wind” (Genesis 1-2)
- January 21, “Image” (Genesis 1-2)
- January 28, “Garden” (Genesis 2-3)
- February 4, “Tree” (Genesis 2-3)
- February 11, “Cain” (Genesis 4)
- February 14, “Spiral” (Genesis 4-6) *Note: This is Ash Wednesday
- February 18, “Ark” (Genesis 6-9)
- February 25, “Rain” (Genesis 6-9)
- March 4, “Watershed” (Genesis 6-9)
- March 11, “Rainbow” (Genesis 6-9)
- March 18, “Nations” (Genesis 10-11)
- March 25, “Tower” (Genesis 10-11)
I hope you will make plans to join us for this special series, and invite someone to be a part.
Have I told you lately how much I love being your pastor?
Well, I do.
Johns Creek Baptist Church