Wednesday nights at JCBC have been redesigned, and you are invited to take a second look!
Beginning, Wednesday, August 13th, the midweek experience at Johns Creek Baptist will have a whole new look and feel. We are calling it “Johns Creek Baptist…Midstream.” With programing for every age and stage, MidStream is designed to help you navigate the voyage of faith, by providing meaningful opportunities for connecting, forming and mobilizing faith.
Here are a few of the Highlights you can expect…
We are proud to announce the return of Chef Juan Venegas. Juan served as JCBC Chef several years ago, and is joining our team as the new JCBC Food Service Coordinator. The menu for our Midstream will be delicious and diverse. There will be options that will satisfy the entire family.
- The meal lines will remain open from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Prices will be $7.00 for Adults, $4.00 for Children, and $25 Family Maximum
As we observe the trends and traffic patterns of families in our area, we notice that while fewer are able to commit to long studies that last several weeks, more are able to engage at 2 to 4 weeks at a time.
That is why, in addition to one ongoing study led by our Formations Pastor at 6:00, Midstream will offer additional programming beginning at the 6:30 hour.
This later start time will accommodate families who cannot arrive until later, and will be studies of shorter duration. Over the course of the fall term, here is a look at a glance of the Midstream adult studies offered.
- Wednesday Night Bible Study – Led by our Formations Pastor, Michael McCullar, this study will begin at 6:00 pm. and will be 45 minutes in length.
- “Doing Life” Seminars – These short term, specialized studies will attempt to address specific needs related to “doing life” in the 21st Century. Topics may include but are not limited to Marriage Enrichment; Parenting Preschoolers, Children, and Youth; Soul Care; Spiritual Disciplines & the Family, and many more possibilities. The Doing Life Seminars will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will be no longer than 1 hour in duration. (Note: there is programing for children and youth during this time.)
- Facetime with the Pastor – Occurring once per month, Facetime with the Pastor is a creative open forum for theological inquiry and dialogue. On some occasions, the dialogue may be guided by a theme. Other times it may incorporate the use of multimedia technology, fielding questions via text messages. The intent of Facetime with the Pastor is to cultivate intentional Christian community, and intelligent theological dialogue. It will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will be no longer than 1 hour in duration.
- JCBC Mobilization Report – Offered occasionally, JCBC Mobilization Report is an opportunity for JCBC members returning from mission trips to share a presentation of their experience with the rest of the church. It will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will be no longer than 1 hour in duration.
(See “The Call” next week for a full syllabus of Midstream Adult Studies, by date.)
Sanctuary Choir will continue to rehearse and enjoy fellowship from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Midstream opportunities for children include two elements in combination:
Children’s Choirs & Team Kid.
- Children’s Choirs begin at 6:00 p.m. and last 45 minutes in duration.
o For Preschoolers, it’s WeePraise
o For Grade Schoolers, it’s iPraise
- Team Kid is a combination of Missions Activity and Recreation. It begins immediately after choir rehearsal (6:45), and ends at 7:30 p.m.
Youth Worship is moving to Wednesday nights. Led by a dynamic worship band, and taught by Youth Pastor, Chris Moore, Wednesdays will be electric with energy and passion as students worship and are formed by the study of God’s word. Students may gather as early as 6:00 p.m. for recreation and fellowship, with worship beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Johns Creek Baptist Church