Socks and Shoeboxes!
Operation Christmas Child 2014
We are building a bridge of love to children all around the world by
packing shoe boxes full of goodies.
This has been the greatest Socktober EVER at our church! Well, it’s been the only Socktober EVER at our church. But I’m guessing it won’t be the last. We have already collected over 500 pairs of socks for our Operation Christmas Child shoebox stuffing party and for 7 Bridges inner city Atlanta mission opportunity. Now all we have to do is collect enough to reach 1,000 pairs and our pastor’s will wear their craziest socks on Sunday-crazy sock day. And since part of admission to trunk or treat is a pair (or more) of socks, that won’t be a problem. Feel free to be a part of the craziness with your own fun socks on Sunday November 2 as we celebrate keeping the feet of 1,000 men, women, and children warm and clean.
And more about those shoeboxes that have been stacked everywhere around the church…
“What goes into a box is fun and what comes out can change lives forever.“
Last year more than 9 million children in 105 countries received boxes and an opportunity to hear the Gospel and learn about embarking on the Greatest Journey of their lives. It’s not about the toys. It’s about the relationship of the children and their families to the caring Christians on a local level. It’s about God transforming their lives.
You can be a part of this! How? I thought you’d never ask!
- Pack a box (grab one from us, buy a plastic one, search your closet- any kind will do).
- Bring us any extras you can’t stuff in your box.
- You can just get “stuff” and we will pack it for you.
- You can pay for the shipping for yours and other folks ($7 a box).
- You can pray over your box or the 1,000’s we will collect here from the community.
- You can help process boxes and pray with folks during National Collection Week, November 17.
- Or Do it all online and keep track of where it goes and when it gets there.
November 9 is our church collection day! Bring everything by then! Present it on the altar to God. At noon, plan to attend our packing party so that you and our children can learn more and do things to make an impact! Let’s set a personal/church best by collecting and packing 1,000 boxes. The shoe boxes we pack deliver Good News and great joy to kids around the world.
Johns Creek Baptist Church