Summer Church is here!
The aim of “Summer Church” is simple:
Complete and total engagement in your church—all summer long.
In a season when churches usually see a decline in attendance, contributions and involvement, we are calling on Johns Creek Baptist to change the story.
As the writer of Hebrews reminds us,
“…we are not among those who shrink back” in our faith. (Hebrews 10:39)
That is why all through the Summer there are exciting opportunities to remain fully engaged in the life of your church. Here are just a few.
- Special Worship Features – In each of our worship venues, we will feature special guests as well as themed worship days. In our contemporary venue, we will host “Songwriter Spotlights” on June 23 and July 21, featuring Shelly Johnson and Casey Darnell. Contemporary worship will also feature “Bluegrass Sunday” on June 30th and “Unplugged Worship” on July 28th. In our traditional venue, we will feature violinist Kenny Lambert on July 14 and vocalist, Olivia Sloan Ivy on July 21, with “Gospel Sunday” on July 28.
- Father’s Day/Seersucker Sunday – On Father’s Day, June 16th wear your seersucker! Whether a suit, a jacket, pants, shirt, shorts, dress or accessory. If you have it, wear it!
- Celebrate America – Join us on June 30th at 6:00 p.m., as our choir and orchestra lead us in a time of celebration, as we give thanks to God for our freedoms, and lift our prayers for the nation.
- A Celebration of Believer’s Baptism – On July 21, we will stir the waters of baptism. Any and all who wish to be baptized on that day, can let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Spread the word. All who wish to be made new may come. (Perhaps we will have so many desiring baptism, I will not have time to preach!)
- JCBC Day at The Gwinnett Stripers Game – On July 21, immediately after worship, we will meet at Coolray Field to enjoy a baseball game together. You can purchase tickets for this church-wide event here.
- A Celebration of Holy Communion – On July 28th we will celebrate the end of the summer and the return from summertime travels by breaking bread together in holy communion.
- Spiritual Bootcamp Sunday School– Each Sunday, our adult Sunday School curriculum will focus spiritual disciplines designed to strengthen our daily walk with Christ.
- Youth Summer in the City – Special events are scheduled for our youth throughout the summer, including a trip to Mercedes Benz Stadium, Six Flags, and weekly lunch gatherings. For a full list of dates and details click here.
- JCBC Summer Youth Camp – June 17th – 24th our youth will experience an incredible time of worship and spiritual growth at Summer Camp in Gatlinburg, TN. All students who have completed grades 6th-12th are invited to join the fun as we return to Camp Wafloy, for the best week of your summer. Each day will be filled with adventure, and each night with powerful experiences of worship led by Guest Speaker, Justin Warner and worship leader Adam Courtney. Students can still register here.
- PassportKids! – On July 20-23, all students who have completed 3rd – 5th grade are invited to PASSPORTkids Camp at Converse College in Spartanburg, SC! PASSPORTkids is a four day, three night camp that focuses on worship, missions education, and community building. We will stay in the campus housing and all events and activities are also on campus. You can still register here. https://jcbc.org/event/passportkids-camp-2019/
For an even expanded list of more events planned throughout the summer including sports camps, a Musical Theater Camp, and a Senior Adult day trip to the North Georgia Mountain Fair and Show, click here.
I hope you will make plans to prioritize these important events in the life of our church through the Summer. And remember, if you are not in town, tune in online as we are NOW STREAMING LIVE FROM BOTH WORSHIP VENUES. Simply go to www.jcbc.org and choose which service to engage.
Have I told you lately how much I love being your pastor?
Well, I do.
Dr. Shaun King
Johns Creek Baptist Church