Midstream is a midweek opportunity for the JCBC family to grow in faith.
At JCBC Midstream, we are deliberately…
Connected for Community
Formed for Fruitfulness
Mobilized for Mission
in a Shared life of Authentic Worship.
Here are just a few reasons you will want to be a part of our JCBC this fall.
Chef Juan’s Midstream Menu has come to be a staple for our midweek fellowship. With a variety of selections to satisfy all tastes, our midweek meal never disappoints. The cost for lunch at the noon study is $5.00. The cost for dinner is $7.00 for adults and $4.00 for children. There is also an option for salad bar, drink and dessert for $5.00. Dinner lines open at 5:00 p.m. You can preview Chef Juan’s Midstream Menu here.
Midstream offers a robust calendar of growth opportunities for adults.
All classes begin at 6:00 p.m.
The full schedule of classes and weekly events through October can be viewed here.
This term, here is a sneak peek at what to expect…
- Midweek Bible Study with Dr. Michael McCullar
This term, Dr. McCullar will be teaching the Johannine epistles (First, Second and Third John) in a study entitled “Dear John 1,2,3.” This class meets in the Heritage Room.
- “Doing Life” Seminar with Pastor David White
Our Doing Life Seminars are classes designed to be practical, life-application studies to help individuals and families right where they are with the struggles of every day life. This term, Pastor White will be teaching two 3-week sessions.
- The first will be a viewing and discussion of “The Power of Forgiveness,” a documentary by Martin Doblemeier. Each week, students will view a portion of this highly acclaimed film, and explore the experience of forgiveness together. More than a lecture, this class is an invitation to welcome the Power of Forgiveness into one’s own life. The goal of this 3-week session is to both retroactively and proactively relinquish the pain that comes from being hurt. Students will accomplish this by developing their understanding of…and their capacity for…forgiveness.
- The second 3 week study will be study entitled “Gaining Perspective.” Each week will focus on a major area where we often lose perspective.
Week One: Gaining Perspective when you look in the mirror.
Week Two: Gaining Perspective when you look out the window.
Week Three: Gaining Perspective when things don’t go as planned.
The Doing Life seminars will meet in room B224 (Bowen Community)
- Women’s Bible Study with Peg Stephenson
Peg Stephenson will lead a study by Beth Moore entitled, “To Live is Christ: The Life and Ministry of Paul.” This in depth study for women meets in room C263 (Behind Gym).
- COMING IN OCTOBER… World Religions Seminar.
In October, JCBC will welcome Dr. Rob Nash, who serves as Interim Dean of the McAfee School of Theology at Mercer University. Dr. Nash will be here to lead a 3-week seminar on World Religions. You will not want to miss this special Midstream event.
JCBC is blessed to have the finest children’s choir leaders and volunteers around. With great care and excellent instruction, our children learn the songs of faith that will carry them through a lifetime of faith.
Our Children’s Choirs are divided into weePraise and iPraise. Below are locations for each of the ages.
- weePraise 3 year olds – B135
- weePraise 4 year olds – B142
- weePraise Kindergarten – B140
- iPraise Grades 1st – 2nd – B146
- iPraise Grades 3rd – 5th – B130/134
Our student ministry gathers on Wednesdays for “Halftime.” Halftime is an opportunity for Middle School and High School students to gather midweek for fellowship, devotion and renewal.
Sanctuary Choir has resumed, and is in full swing. Rehearsals begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary Choir Suite, and are open to any and all who desire to make a joyful noise. A great opportunity to join, will be at the Sanctuary Choir Christmas Party on August 26th at 6:00 p.m. in the Heritage Room. Here, the choir will begin its work preparing for Christmas at Johns Creek. It is a night of celebration and excitement.
Regardless of where you jump in, come take a plunge at Midstream.
Dinner begins at 5:00 p.m.
Programming for Adults, Youth and Children begins at 6:00.
Sanctuary Choir rehearsal begins at 7:00 p.m.
You can learn everything you need to know about Midstream (calendar, menu, special events, etc) by visiting our website. Click the JCBC Midstream option under the “Get Formed” tab.
Pastor Shaun King
Johns Creek Baptist Church